I acknowledge your holiness, goodness, majesty, and sovereignty over all that happens. While I pray for my elected officials and my country I pray that I would remember my ultimate allegiance is to you. Before I am a citizen of this country I am a citizen and representative of your kingdom (Philippians 3:20, 2 Corinthians 5:20). Help me to remember that when things do not go the way I think they should. I pray that political difference would not cause me to see politicians as anything less than people you created in your image. I pray that our elected officials would…
- Repent of their sin of unbelief and come to a saving knowledge of you. (Romans 10:13)
- Lead our country with humility and grace. (James 4:6)
- Lead our country towards unity, not division. (Mark 3:24-25)
- Would value everyone’s life equally, not just those that can support their power. (James 2:1-4) I pray that they would use their power to help and protect the…
- Unborn (Psalm 139:13)
- Poor (James 2:5)
- Immigrant (Leviticus 19:33-34)
- Minorities and others who society does not give a voice to (Proverbs 31:8-9)
- Allow people of all walks of life to live a peaceful and quiet life, and that we could continue to walk in our God-given convictions in such a way that points people to you. (1 Timothy 2:1-3)
- Would be your tool of executing righteousness and justice. (Psalm 10:12-15, Romans 13:3-4)
- Would continue to allow us to safely spread your Word (2 Thessalonians 3:1-2)
Finally, I pray that I would recognize my country is a raging nation that ultimately needs to submit to the one, true King, Jesus. (Psalm 2) Help me, regardless of my vote, to view my government as a good gift of your common grace (Romans 13:1-7) and that I would submit to and honor our leaders because of you. (1 Peter 2:13-17) And if my leaders try to force me to disobey you, I pray for the courage to stand true to you and your Word. (Acts 5:29) I pray that I would live, serve, and vote in a way that seeks the good of my temporary home and that it would thrive, while I wait for you to bring me to my new one. (Jeremiah 29:7)
Would you do me a favor? Would you subscribe to my weekly newsletter? Every week I send out a few updates from the blog and everyone who signs up gets chapter one of my book Thriving In Exile for free. Just plug in your email right here and you will be set. Thank you!!
How Do We Navigate Suffering?
THRIVING IN EXILE
Discover how your Christian identity can enable you to walk through the difficulties in your life well while at the same time point people to the one place they can find lasting hope.
Purchase the paperback version of Thriving in Exile today and I’ll send you the ebook free! Just click the button below to purchase your copy of the book then and I’ll send you the E-Book free of charge. Message me below a copy of your order to get your free copy.