If you know my family, you know we are Star Wars fans. I feel I need to go on record and say Lord of the Rings is a million times better, but that is another post. So May 4th is always a ton of fun! My boys are loving the new Bad Batch series and will be geeking out all day. So for fun, I thought I would share my favorite books and attempt to rank the movies.
Favorite Star Wars Books
Light of the Jedi – This is the first of a new series of books that takes place hundreds of years before the movies. This book may be my favorite Star Wars story. Movies included.
The Thrawn Trilogy – Thrawn might be my favorite Star Wars baddie. Timothy Zahn originally created him as a part of the Expanded Universe (non-canon stories). Zahn is a phenomenal writer and has done such a great job bringing this character back into the main storyline.
Master and Apprentice – Obi-Wan Kenobi is my favorite Star Wars character. He is basically the pastor of Star Wars. This book takes place while he is an apprentice under Qui-Gon Jinn. (He should not have died in episode one.) This book is lots of fun!
There are a ton of other great new books, but at the risk of revealing just how big of a nerd I am, we will stop here. 🙂 I do have multiple shelves dedicated to the new canon books in my home.
Star Wars Movies Ranked
I know this might start an argument, or at least earn some serious judgement, but here are the movies ranked in order my liking. (I’m not including T.V. shows because Im waiting for the Obi-Wan series to come out. But as of this moment, Mandalorian would be pretty close to the top of every list. #ThisIsTheWay)
- Return of the Jedi (there are way to many positive childhood memories around this movie for it be anything less. I know the ewoks are just a merchandising scheme. I don’t care.)
- Rogue One
- Revenge of the Sith
- The Empire Strikes Back
- A New Hope
- The Phantom Menace (Darth Maul.)
- Solo (Darth Maul is back!)
- The Force Awakens
- The Rise of Skywalker
- The Last Jedi (The lightsaber duel between Kylo, Rey, and Snokes guards is my favorite lightsaber fight. That scene is pure poetry. Shame it’s in this movie.)
- Attack of the Clones (This. Movie. Is. Cringe. Except Mace Windu. Mace is never cringe.)